23 February 2014

Couture Creations Design Team Application Round 2

Hi Everyone.  I have completed my page for Couture Creations Design Team call.  I made it to Second Round.  I have to admit I am so excited and nervous to be asked to the Second Round.  I have to thank CropStop for getting my Couture Creations Supplies to me so quickly.  I am using Couture Creations Embossing folders called Cheerful and 3 in1 Dreamboat Collection Doilies  on this page. I also cut some swirls for my flower cluster from the Cheerful embossing folder. I  have used Coredinations Card Stock too. So Here we go.  Be warned this post is Photo Heavy. Just the way I like it.

Senior Daze 2014


Couture Creations Embossing Folder Cheerful CO723282
G45 Sweet Sentiments Collection
Thickers Scrabble alphas
Wild orchid Crafts Roses
Wilton silk flowers pearl trim centers
Venice Lace
Martha Stewart Punch around the page
Scallop punch Stampin up 
Twine
Mini Binder clips
Paper doily
Teak Chalk Ink
Coredinations Card stock Satin Rose
Coredination Card stock Bundled Sage
Cuttle bug/Plates A B C plates
Glue gun
Parchment paper
My DD Serena Senior Picture

Here is a tutorial for the rosettes created on this Layout.


Here are the materials needed. You will also need a Diecut machine. I have the Cuttle bug and  a Glue gun.

I started by preparing my card stock.
Here is the 3 in1 Dreamboat collection 
I cut out my doilies using the Couture Creations Dies.
 Helpful Hint: I added a piece of Parchment paper to help release the card stock from the die. 
I cut the Card Stock  to 5" x 7"


Here are the doilies. I set them aside until the end.


I Cut my strips of Coredinations Cardstock into 1.5 inch Strips
I used a scallop punch to cut entire strip.


I then embossed the strip using my Cheerful embossing Folder.  What I Love about these embossing folders is the variety of patterns and the slit at the top that allows your paper to be embossed completely. You are not limited.


The next step is to sand the embossed area on the strip. 


I scored the strip on the scoreboard at 1/2 inch intervals.


I then folded the strip creating peaks and valleys.


  Glue the last peak and valley of each side of the strip together.

This creates a circle.

Scrunch the circle together 


Quickly add hot glue to 1" Circle


Plop the rosette on top of Glue.  


This is how the back looks.



Turn over and add another dollop of glue and cover with die cut doily.


Here is the Finished Rosette again.


Thanks for looking at my first tutorial.  Wish me luck as I try to earn my spot on the Couture Creations Design Team.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! It is a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the first round, and good luck with the second. This is an absolutely beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete